The New Mexico State University Alumni Association is one of the oldest organizations on campus. On May 24, 1898, a meeting of all graduates of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (as it was called then) was held for the purpose of forming the Alumni into a permanent organization. The organization provided a means of continuing communication between graduates of the institution and the formulation of social events. The Alumni Association Office binds alumni, students, and friends to the University for the betterment of all.
“On May 24th, 1898, a called meeting of the graduates of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts was held for the purpose of forming the Alumni of the institution into a permanent organization, the following members being yourself,
A. M. S. Folk
J. S. Bennett, Jr.
E. B. S. Folk
The Society was speedily placed upon a working basis, the following Constitution (page 2) and By-Laws (page 5) being adopted.”